The largest organ in a human body is the skin, and each person’s skin is 100% unique. At the molecular level, your skin is like one large fingerprint. So, one of the biggest mistakes one can make is assuming “one size fits all”, “one dose fits all”, or “one treatment fits all”.
That is why it is so important that your scalp products are perfectly tailored to your unique skin challenges.
We have all seen examples of how this uniqueness plays out. A friend raves about a cream or lotion that cures all that ails them, giving another hope of experiencing the same relief, only to be disappointed again when the same product fails to do more than waste their time and money.
Baseline instructions for DermaKB™ Scalp Detoxifier
In the spirit of recognizing your absolute uniqueness, we provide an enhanced set of instructions for the use of our DermaKB™ Scalp Detoxifier.
But before we do that, here are the baseline instructions to start with:
“Shake well before using. Apply before showering and massage onto affected skin areas on a dry scalp. Leave on for 10 minutes. Once in shower, lather and wash your hair by adding a small amount of warm water, then rinse well. Use daily until a noticeable improvement in symptoms, then use weekly for maintenance. We recommend using in combination with DermaKB™ Biofilm Shampoo, which is suitable for daily use. If desired, follow with your favorite conditioner.”
CUSTOMIZE your scalp and skin care routine
Now that you are familiar with basic application instructions of our DermaKB™ Scalp Detoxifier, it’s time to tailor how you use the product to address your unique scalp symptoms.
Our Scalp Detoxifier does not use any harsh ingredients and has been approved by the Canadian Dermatology Association to meet the requirements of their Skin Health Program, which means it has a low potential for irritation, is fragrance-free or unscented, does not contain most common allergens, and does not block pores of the skin. It can be left on your scalp for a long period of time without causing damage to your skin.* This is KEY when it comes to varying applications to suit each person’s unique skin type and needs.
“Consumers can benefit by using skin care products and cosmetic products that do not contain specific ingredients that have the potential to cause irritation and negative reaction of the skin. This product meets the criteria of the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Skin Health Program.”
Here is a list of varying ways in which you can use DermaKB™ Scalp Detoxifier to maximize your results:
- Try the baseline instructions of 10 minutes when first applying, and step up the dry application time to 15 minutes, 30 minutes, as needed
- Remember to use every day until you see an improvement, and then gradually reduce to once a week for maintenance (continue to use DermaKB™ Shampoo on regular shampoo days)
- If your symptoms are severe, you may need to leave the DermaKB™ Detoxifier on your dry scalp longer before washing and rinsing with water
- If your scalp is excessively oily, try washing your hair and scalp with DermaKB™ Shampoo first before using our Scalp Detoxifier. This allows the Detoxifier to start working on your scalp symptoms immediately instead of having to break through the layer of oil first. Be sure to dry your scalp/hair prior to applying the Detoxifier
- Try using the DermaKB™ Detoxifier to treat beard dandruff (often caused by a fungus/yeast called Malassezia)
It is important to understand that some users who suffer with severe scalp irritations may see their symptoms appear to worsen with the initial use of DermaKB™ Detoxifier (increase in flaking and itchiness). Unless you are having a very rare reaction causing extreme discomfort which you weren’t experiencing before**, it is important to continue using the product and extend the application time (personalize to fit your needs) for best results.
The results from our consumer trial showed that over 80% of participants who identified having scalp irritation before the trial saw an improvement in their symptoms after trying our DermaKB™ Scalp Detoxifier and Shampoo. You can read more about our DermaKB™ consumer trial results here: DermaKB™ Trial Results.
Amazon Reviewer: Stephanie
Who created this breakthrough product?
DermaKB™ products are formulated and tested by Kane Biotech, located in Winnipeg, Canada, and are manufactured in the USA. Kane was formed in 2001 as a discovery and development company focused on novel technologies that prevent and disperse bacterial and fungal biofilms.
Since then, Kane has worked to translate these discoveries into innovative solutions for those who suffer from a variety of symptoms in both human and animal health.
They have a portfolio of biotechnologies, intellectual trade secrets, and products developed by their own biofilm research teams as well as technologies procured from other leading research institutions.
StrixNB™, DispersinB®, Aledex®, bluestem™, silkstem™, coactiv+™ and Kane® are trademarks of Kane Biotech Inc.
Learn more about DermaKB products or ask a question.
* There is always the very rare possibility, however, of experiencing an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients, even though they are all designated as GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) by the FDA.
** If for some reason you have an extremely rare experience of significant burning and/or discomfort after using DermaKB products, rinse immediately and discontinue use.